The Commission funds Miscellaneous Supplemental Grants based on the availability of funding each year. This fund is designed to sponsor health related activities, that raise the visibility of the Commission and increase the focus of minority health disparities. These activities must reach and impact Ohioans from no less than five counties, and have a focus on racial and ethnic populations. This source of funding is not designed to support ongoing, long term programming.
Funding levels vary from year to year and will be based on the amount of funds available within each fiscal year (FY). During each fiscal year based on the availability of fundinf, the Commission provided sponsorship for activities ranging from $5,000 - $20,000.
Please note, funding requests must be received at least 60 days prior to the month of your event. Additionally, events that occur after July 1st, must be submitted by May 1st to allow time for review, and submission to the board, if selected to submit a full proposal.
NEW APPLICATION PROCESS - Please click HERE for the Miscellaneous Supplemental Funding application.
Please click HERE for FY16 project abstracts.
Eligible applicants must be a 501(c)(3), with experience serving racial and ethnic populations, or that have experience partnering with organizations that have experience serving racial and ethnic populations.
Eligible applicants must provide an overview of the proposed activity, within the application form, to include:
- A brief introduction of the agency, the population it serves, and an introduction of the proposed event to include the date and location (if known)
- In an attached document, address each bullet, below, to provide detail for proposed activity:
- Health promotion and education activities that impact disparities
- Targeted racial and ethnic population(s) and the expected number of individuals to be served
- Five (5) county impact area to include an overview of past program attendance from targeted counties
- Must provide a marketing plan to reach five (5) counties
- Overview of collection of demographic data for each county and each population to be served
- Inclusion of liability insurance and plan for reporting screening results and follow up on abnormal screens, If invasive health screening activities are planned
- Requested amount of sponsorship - to include a list of line items that would be covered by Commission funds
- Please note: If applying for a community event sponsorship, all activities must be free and open to the public. If providing health screenings, all funds must support screening and related costs.
- Please note: If applying for a conference sponsorship, all funds must support conference registration scholarships and conference costs
- Please note: You must submit a copy of your CURRENT IRS 501(c) (3) Determination Letter with the application
Requests will be reviewed to determine if they meet criteria. Those that meet the criteria are then presented to the Grants Committee for review. If proposals are approved by the grants committee, the proposal then moves to the full Board for review.
If funded, Miscellaneous Supplemental Grantees will be expected to complete the following and include the data in the final report:
- Collect and report on demographics of event participants to include race, ethnicity, gender, age, county and zip code.
- Collect and summarize on participant event satisfaction survey results
- Summarize event activities in detail to include the estimated number in attendance, counties served, challenges, program successes.
Full detail of what the final report includes can be found at this link: MSG Final Report