The Commission in pleased to announce that Round 3 of our 2019 MHM Application is open! The application is due in the Commission office on October 22, 2018.
Please click HERE to access the Round 3 2019 MHM RFP.
Please Click HERE to access MHM 2019 Frequently Asked Questions
Minority Health Month was created in 1989 to be a 30-day, high visibility, health promotion and disease prevention campaign. Conducted with and by community based agencies and organizations, this celebration reaches into urban, suburban and rural areas of the state. In 2000, Minority Health Month became a national celebration. The next round of Minority Health Month funding will be released on September 17, 2018.
Minority Health Month was designed to:
- provide crucial information to allow individuals to practice disease prevention;
- promote healthy lifestyles;
- showcase the providers of grassroots healthcare resources and information;
- highlight the disparate health conditions between Ohio's minority and non-minority populations; and
- to gain additional support for ongoing efforts to improve minority health year round.